E'Twaun Moore lit it up scoring 25 points 7 rebounds on 10 of 19 shooting. Even going 2 of 4 from 3. It was a breakout game for Moore who is looking to gain a guaranteed roster spot with Boston. Dionte Christmas continued his stellar play putting in 18 points on 6 of 11 shooting and 2 of 4 from 3. Jamar Smith came off the bench and chipped in 11 points making 3 3's. Sully only got 7 points but work hard on the glass collecting 14 boards.
More after the jump and videos!
- Sully didnt have a knockout game, but thats ok given the fact Moore and Dionte were hitting and he seemed more focused on showing off his rebounding. Which is something we Celtics fan know all too well we need.
- Moore looks so much better every game. I think he has a chance to be a pretty special player and if he is as hungry to get shot as he looks C's need to guarantee him.
- Melo played limited minutes off the bench scoring 5 points.
- Sean Williams was a DNP Coach.
- Joseph seems to have hurt his knee...according to ESPN he has a hyperextended left knee.
- Christmas is like Moore really making most of his SL. This guy deserves to be at the C's training camp.
- Jamar Smith is making the most of his minutes off the bench and has shown to be a really nice guard who can hit the deep ball. Training camp invite is guaranteed.
- This wasnt a high scoring game and certainly allowed Moore and Dionte to shine and has confirmed that a lot of these players are talented enough to contribute to the C's but there are not enough spots. Still as we continue to roll we have to be happy with the direction of our recruiting and scouting.
- Rebounding effort was a lot better...its like Sully read my post the other day! Anyway, SL C's have today off so lets see if we can better our 6-1 record.
Break up the Summer Celtics!
With another impressive performance, the Celtics improved to 6-1 with a 79-74 victory over the Chicago Bulls Tuesday Night at Cox Pavilion.
E’Twaun Moore and Dionte Christmas did most of the damage for the Celtics, as they continued their impressive summer league play. Moore looked incredibly comfortable and confident, even blocking a shot early third quarter.
Moore hit his first four shots to start the game, and connected on 10 of his 19 field goal attempts en route to his 25-point, seven-rebound night.