Sully poured in 14 points and 7 rebounds on 3-8 shooting. Joseph had 14 points on 4-10 shootng and was 1-3 from 3. Moore started and scored 9 points and 2 assists. Melo actually had a good showing and chipped in 7 points and 5 rebounds. Christmas had 11 points and 5 rebounds as he got the start vs the Hawks. JJJ started and chipped in 6 points and 5 rebounds.
More after the jump and videos!
- Melo is playing better and I am seeing some real improvement in just a few SL games. His mobility is very good and at 7 feet he definitely is showing to be a presence in the paint.
- Moore is gonna be a pretty decent guard once he puts it all together. He has decent handles and can score in a variety of ways
- Sully continues to show he is a legit PF and ready to bang in the paint with the NBA bigs.
- Sean Williams played really well in limited minutes. He is a big guy who can get those garbage putbacks and rebounds that we need. With continued development he would fill a much needed bench spot for us.
- Joseph had a nice bounce back game I hope the C's can find space and minutes for him on the bench this season. I think he is a steal.
- Christmas had another consistent game scoring 11 points hitting 1 for 4 from 3 and 5 rebounds. By his consistence he should make an NBA roster, maybe even ours.
- Jonathan Gibson came off the bench has been playing well for us as of late. He has a really nice looking stroke and from deep scoring 10 points.
- Special nod to Jamar Smith for really playing good SL ball. He could do well on a NBDL team for a year and see if he can translate his game to NBA level.
- Ive been pretty satisfied with the way this team has been handling the ball. Low turnovers, for a bunch of young hungry guys who basically have never played together, is pretty good.
- Not happy with the rebounding effort. We got outrebounded but we made the most of our baskets so not a lot of offensive rebounding opportunities still they need to do better on the boards.
Las Vegas is probably Lakers country, but for at least two hours on Monday afternoon, the Celtics looked at home in the Cox Pavilion. They prevailed 87-69 in front of a live crowd Monday afternoon – Orlando’s summer league was closed to the public – and there was plenty of green in the house.
It did take a few minutes for the Celtics to settle in; they started the game by connecting on just one of their first 10 field goal attempts. But the Celtics pounded the Hawks inside with guard penetration and post play and built a comfortable 49-31 halftime lead. The Hawks closed the gap to eight points (70-62) in the fourth quarter, but the Celtics closed the game on a 17-7 run thanks to some intense defense.
The Boston Celtics cruised to an 87-69 victory in the first game of the fourth day of action at the 2012 NBA Summer League on the campus of the University of Nevada - Las Vegas. Boston's attack resulted in five Celtics scoring in double figures, including 14 points apiece from Kris Joseph and Jared Sullinger. Stephanie Lasme and Dionte Christmas each notched 11 while Jamar Smith tallied 10 points in the win.