Celtics Summer League games will be televised live by FSN this year. This is great news. I am excited about this team, trade or no trade. We should pick up a player who will be able to make an impact right away. All of our players are a year older and more experienced. Hopefully we will be healthy. I can't wait for July 6 to see the difference in them and what they have been working on.
Celtics Blog has posted the following news release from FSN:
(BURLINGTON, MA) – FSN New England, the 27-year home to Boston Celtics basketball, will telecast every Celtics Summer League contest from Las Vegas beginning, Friday, July 6. The action begins when the Green battle consensus No. 1 pick Greg Oden and the Portland TrailBlazers.
FSN’s schedule includes a live telecast and one replay of each game. All telecasts will be produced by the NBA.
Starting Friday, July 6, and throughout the Celtics’ stay in Vegas, Celtics play-by-play man Mike Gorman will provide reports during Mohegan Sun Sports Tonight at 6:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Celtics sideline reporter and Mohegan Sun Sports Tonight co-host Greg Dickerson will also check in from Vegas throughout the week.
FSN’s Vegas Summer League schedule (after the jump):
- Friday, July 6 – Celtics vs. Portland @ 10 p.m. (live)*
- Saturday, July 7 – Celtics vs. Portland @ 2 a.m. (replay)
- Monday, July 9 – Celtics vs. San Antonio @ 4 p.m. (live)
- Tuesday, July 10 – Celtics vs. San Antonio @ noon (replay)
- Wednesday, July 11 – Celtics vs. China @ 10 p.m. (live) *
- Thursday, July 12 – Celtics vs. China @ noon (replay)
- Friday, July 13 – Celtics vs. Milwaukee @ 8 p.m. (live)
- Saturday, July 14 – Celtics vs. Milwaukee @ 2:00 a.m. (replay)
- Saturday, July 14 – Celtics vs. New York @ 4 p.m. (live)
- Sunday, July 15 – Celtics vs. New York @ 2 a.m. (replay)
*Late Edition of Mohegan Sun Sports Tonight to air at 9:30 p.m. due to live Celtics basketball
FSN New England begins its 27th season of Boston Celtics basketball in November. Its partnership with the Celtics is the longest running regional sports network-team affiliation in New England and pre-dates any affiliation in American sports with the exception of MSG and FSN New York’s partnership with the Rangers, Knicks, and Islanders.
FSN New England reaches more than 3.7 million households in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. FSN New England’s programming includes Boston Celtics, Mohegan Sun Sports Tonight Presented by the Boston Herald, Twin River New England Tailgate, Tweeter Presents 4 Downs with Felger, The Best Damn Sports Show Period, and The Sports List. FSN New England is owned and managed by Rainbow Sports Networks. Visit www.fsnnewengland.com for more information. -FSN NEW ENGLAND-