"Doc did a good job," Ainge said after the season, "and that's why we'd like to keep him as coach of this team and give him a real opportunity and chance to coach."
Doc did a good job? At what? Tanking? Honestly, they have been using all the injuries as an excuse. Golden State had injuries this past season along with a huge trade mid season and they are in the playoffs. Rick Carlisle lost the heart of his team to suspensions along with injuries and still got his team to the playoffs. It is what good coaches do. Doc hasn't had a real opportunity to coach? This seriously sounds fishy.
There was some good news today as Hoopsworld reports that Tony Allen's rehab is ahead of schedule. The headline is a bit misleading as it proclaims that Tony is playing basketball again. Well, he is, but only on XBox. It is good news that his rehab is ahead of schedule. He expects to start running in June and hopefully will be ready to play by training camp.
The questions surrounding Oden's age and his comments that he grew up liking the Celtics cause they were good continues to give blogs fodder. Deadspin allows that sometimes it happens that you forget your own age.
11 days until the lottery. I honestly don't know how I am going to make it until then. The Globe has a ticker that counts down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until the lottery and they ask the question as to whether you feel lucky. I wish I did. 38.7% chance of getting a top 2 pick is a 61.3% that we won't get one. That is like a 2-1 chance that we don't. With the way the Celtics luck has gone for the last 21 years, I am afraid to get my hopes up. But sometime our luck has to turn around, doesn't it?