Okay, so I was on Google Groups posting about our blog and I ran into a "skeptic" who had some bad words for my main man Tommy "The Homer" Heinsohn. Now, he didn't really say anything too egregious, but he did say Tommy should step down from any Commentating jobs. This effectively pissed me off, because I could not imagine a game without Tommy, even without Gorman, for that matter. I know, I know, it will have to happen someday, but not for the reason this person wants him to.
So, as I am waiting for repsonses, I came up with a top ten list.
And now, without further ado!
The Top Ten Reasons I Love Tommy!
10. He's a homer! It's no use rooting for the home team if you don't actually believe in the home team unconditionally.
9. Hypes the worst C's players with claims of, "One day that kid will be an All-Stah!" one play is enough for someone to be the next Cousy or Russell.
8. He's able to bring true fans together one Tommy-ism at a time! Loyal fans love him, bandwagoners want him fired. "Bing Bang Boom Baby!"
7. He's the Ying to Mike Gormans Yang. C'mon, they're like Abbott and Costello, Martin and Lewis, Laurel and Hardy, Regis and Kelly...umm, I'll stop now.
6. Always makes the exact opposite call of the Refs and then blindly flies into a rage attempting to prove the replays wrong.
5. Sometimes, even Mike Gorman has no idea what he is talking about.
4. Has given out more Tommy Points than the C's have won games this year.
3. Sometimes, even Tommy has no idea what he is talking about.
2. Was born in New Jersey....oh wait that's a reason I DON'T like Tommy. Oh well! Sorry Jerseyites (coincidentally, Bud Abbott was from NJ).
And the number one reason I love Tommy....1. He knows the only way to add Color to Commentary is to add beer! That's not Green Koolaid folks!
source: Google Groups..er...I mean Usenet
I love Tommy most of all for his total love of the Celtics. He makes not bones about the fact that he loves this team and he loves our young players. Tommy is my hero.....
Tommy gets some bad opinions from some fans, but those people I doubt have one tenth of the passion. They are also the type that think we are tanking. Those are the type who always complain and have negative POV's about the C's front office and our future.